Call centers are very complex environments and are facing the biggest challenges of their industry. Call centers are now a [$200 billion sector].
According to Forbes, "AI-enabled conversational agents, for example, are expected to handle 20% of all customer service requests by 2022" Technology, such as AI and robotics, will improve customer service and provide more options for the customer.
First call center problems arise
What is conversational AI is made of to help call centers?
Major call center problems and conversational AI solutions
- Budget constraints According to CallCentreHelper, over 70% of call center companies experience a lack of budget. That is because of the high cost of staffing and training.
- Call center employee churn
- Absenteeism Another challenge of working in a call center is absenteeism. That is because call center agents are often required to work late nights and some even work for a full week without taking a day off. This is because call centers are required to meet industry standards on customer service and customer satisfaction. With fewer customers or calls, call centers are forced to run for longer hours to meet their targets.
- Performance stagnation
- Lack of first call resolution
What can conversational AI automate at a call center?
- Handling calls from different time zones
- Automatic customer follow-ups
- Working around the clock